Name that baby!
 

 
Nine months is just about enough to find a good name for your baby girl. Then our baby was born. Our son.
 
 
 
» Email the baby
» Jessica's pages
» Mammapappa


Show me where you're from!

Blogs away!
» Francis Strand
» Jocke's Saltmannen
» There&Back

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet



 
 
Thursday, November 10, 2005
 
Trains, books and automobiles

Hannes will turn three in just a week or so. He's not a baby anymore - something that he likes to point out to us, quite often. And he sure isn't, he's a small boy now. A boy who likes to goof around, to jump on the couch, run around the apartment, hide under the covers in our bed, ride his bike, have me tell stories to him and read.

Well, read, that may be overstating a bit, but he does now all the letters of the alphabet, so I think he may just learn to read pretty soon. (And, uh, the family record, by yours truly, stands at 3 and a half years old).

Sometimes I forget how small he is. We talk so much about everything - you know, elephants, tigers, snakes, Moomin characters, balls, Winnie the Pooh, and so on - that sometimes I'm taken aback when I see Jessica and Hannes walk to the bus in the morning.

He's three years old, and he's taking the bus with his Mom to the daycare every morning. Let me me rephrase that as Hannes would want me to. It's not a bus. It's "a bus, a train, a train and a bus."

The whole trip takes them 50 minutes. And if Hannes is awake from seven to nine, minus an hour's nap, he's awake 13 hours a day. He spends 1½ of them commuting. That's seven and half hours a week, 30 hours a month. Two Hannes's days a month on the "bus, train, train and bus." That's 20 days a year.

That's 20 days of good, solid reading and story telling time right there.

Edit: Oh. Hannes has a couple of suggestions for the name for the new baby: Kipsu and Pimppu.

Don't tell him --- but I don't think so.

Comments:
I stumbled onto your site through a link on NHL.com and I must say that you are now (behind Wil Wheaton) my favorite public Blogger. That and of all the people NHL.com is listing under their blog section, you're not only the most informed, but most entertaining.

I'm a huge Leafs fan, and though it's slightly weird, Aki Berg is my current favorite leafs. Don't ask, I don't know why.

But anywho, thanks for giving this journalism student a smile this morning during a VERY boring Reporting class!
Margo
 
Your son seems like a very nice little boy, he will probably be the perfect big brother ;) If it's a girl, I have the suggestion Idun. It's the most beautiful of all the nordic gods, that has a basket of apples that the gods eat to stay young. Hannes & Idun sounds like it fit :)))
 
Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives