Name that baby!
 

 
Nine months is just about enough to find a good name for your baby girl. Then our baby was born. Our son.
 
 
 
» Email the baby
» Jessica's pages
» Mammapappa


Show me where you're from!

Blogs away!
» Francis Strand
» Jocke's Saltmannen
» There&Back

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet



 
 
Tuesday, February 24, 2004
 
Out of it
I bet Hannes understands everything I say. I bet he knows exactly what I mean when I say, for example, "Hannes, if you need to pee, the bathroom's in the hall." The only thing stopping him from just doing it, is the fact that he can't open the door. (Which, by the way, Jessica and I are just grateful for).

I see it every day. He amazes me every day by doing something that I had asked/told him to do but not really expected him to do. Like, go to the front door and get the newspaper and bring it to me. (Sounds like we're bringing up a dog, but please don't misunderstand me. Getting the newspaper and mail is a big ritual in our family).

I know exactly how Hannes must feel now. I remember what it was like the first x YEARS in Sweden, when I knew I could probably speak the language but never could, anyway. And I am sure if you ask some of my ex-colleagues from that time, the situation was probably exactly the same: it was as if I understood everything they said, even when my own speech was mostly just gaga.

Hannes's latest is this: About 10, 11 in the morning when he starts to feel the 6.30 am wakeup, he gets his shoes and brings them to me or Jessica. Then he sits down and puts the shoes on his feet. Like, he places the shoes on top of his tiny and chubby feet. If that's not enough, he can bring the jacket, too, so that we understand that he wants to go for a walk.

That we understood right away.

But it took us a few days to realize he wants to go for a walk simply to asleep.

He's obviously smarter than us.


Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives