Name that baby!
 

 
Nine months is just about enough to find a good name for your baby girl. Then our baby was born. Our son.
 
 
 
» Email the baby
» Jessica's pages
» Mammapappa


Show me where you're from!

Blogs away!
» Francis Strand
» Jocke's Saltmannen
» There&Back

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet



 
 
Friday, August 22, 2003
 
Letters to Hannes, day 2

Helsinki, August 22, 2003

Congratulations, Hannes, you're nine months old today! Woohoo! I was talking to (your) Mom the other day, and I asked her which nine months she thought felt longer, the last nine months, or the nine months before that, when we were expecting you.

She said the first nine months. I am not sure what I think. All I know that when I sit here by the kitchen table, I remember the first weeks you were at home with us, and how I often sat here holding you, and just looking at you. You were not really sleeping, but not really awake, either. You just were there, and I was so proud to hold you and to protect you.

Anyway, today I was reminded of the fact that a lot of people care about others but never say it. Sometimes they only come out and tell you they like you when you're about to leave or when they think it's going to make a difference. So, Hannes, let people know you love them. The way you hug Mom, or laugh when I do my funny dance.

There will be times when saying "I love you" can be the hardest you ever did, but it's worth it. Trust me.

Have a great, great 9-monthaversary. Give Mom a kiss for me.

Love,
Dad

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives