Name that baby!
 

 
Nine months is just about enough to find a good name for your baby girl. Then our baby was born. Our son.
 
 
 
» Email the baby
» Jessica's pages
» Mammapappa


Show me where you're from!

Blogs away!
» Francis Strand
» Jocke's Saltmannen
» There&Back

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet



 
 
Tuesday, July 29, 2003
 
Blood on the floor
I know that the title of ths entry may get you thinking about Michael Jackson, and even if Hannes does have some pretty extraordinary moves when he gets going, he's no King of Pop. And this blog is about ... well, yeah, it's changed over the past year that I have been writing it .. but it's not about Michael Jackson, that's for sure.

When I was a kid and would hit a body part on a piece of furniture, my Dad would always grab my hand and take me to the piece of furniture to see that "nothing had happened to it" as if he had cared more for a chair than my chin. I actually did the same thing with Hannes two days ago, when he hit his head on a door here. It was still funny to me.

But, speaking of hitting stuff, I think I wrote pretty soon after Hannes was born something about what it might feel like to see Hannes bleed for the first time.

Now I know.

Hannes was minding his own business on the kitchen floor yesterday when he fell from the carpet and and just fell flat on his face into the floor. That was definitely a slo-mo shot if we were in a movie. Both Jessica and I saw him fall and I managed to do was lean forward and take my hands to my temples. Jessi leaped over to Hannes and picked him up from the floor.

And there it was, that first drop of blood, in the corner of his mouth, right next to one of his shiny-white new teeth. Hannes had probably forgot about it ten minutes later, but his swollen upper lip reminded me of our son's little accident all day.

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives