Name that baby!
 

 
Nine months is just about enough to find a good name for your baby girl. Then our baby was born. Our son.
 
 
 
» Email the baby
» Jessica's pages
» Mammapappa


Show me where you're from!

Blogs away!
» Francis Strand
» Jocke's Saltmannen
» There&Back

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet



 
 
Saturday, May 31, 2003
 
Pride and joy
My cousin graduated from high school today, and there was a big garden party at their house. The entire family and all relatives were invited. We got all dressed up - Hannes got to wear his new shirt and pants for the first time - and drove up to their house. It was a sunny and beautiful day.

I am repeatedly amazed at what a baby does to people. There were people that I have known my entire life (literally) at the party behaving nothing like the peopl I have known all my life. Literally. We had been at the party for about 10 minutes when my aunt's husband asked if he could hold Hannes. And from there on the line just grew longer: my parents, my aunt, my cousin, my aunt, my cousin... even my grandma's brother's wife got on her knees in the grass to make funny faces at Hannes. And Hannes rewarded it giving her his biggest smile. Meanwhile, I was sitting somewhere, chatting with an aunt of my own, while keeping my eye on Hannes all the while.

Francis wrote once that baby smell should be bottled and sprayed at people at riots. Or something. I agree. I think babies should be taken into business meetings as well, just to make everybody act human. Stop the mind games.

Who would wanna be mean to a face like this?

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives