Name that baby!
 

 
Nine months is just about enough to find a good name for your baby girl. Then our baby was born. Our son.
 
 
 
» Email the baby
» Jessica's pages
» Mammapappa


Show me where you're from!

Blogs away!
» Francis Strand
» Jocke's Saltmannen
» There&Back

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet



 
 
Wednesday, January 08, 2003
 
Scream 4
Ok, so he's not just quiet all the time. Sometimes Hannes screams. Sometimes he stops the second Jessica or I pick him up, but other times... well, he just screams his tiny, little lungs out. He screams like it's the end of the world as he knows it. He screams and screams and screams to the point where I literally just want to lift him up and shake him a little bit.

And I hold him in front of my eyes and I know I can't shake him. First, I know he's not doing it on purpose. Also, I know I can't reason with him. I know there isn't a deal I could offer him that would make him happy. Can't bribe him, can't threaten him. Even though I know everything about his short life, there isn't a dirty fact that I could use to extort him. And let's face it, the little man's already sleeping (and waking up) with a bunch of elefants, and Moomins and monkeys. One horse head wouldn't shake him.

So what is there to do?

We walk a lot. We walk both around the apartment, holding Hannes in our arms, and around the block, with Hannes in his limo. We pack the family in our car and drive away, which is fine with me, 'cause I like to drive. We change the diapers. We take showers. We get desperate.

And when Hannes falls asleep, we rush to do all the things we wanted to do today.


Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives