Name that baby!
 

 
Nine months is just about enough to find a good name for your baby girl. Then our baby was born. Our son.
 
 
 
» Email the baby
» Jessica's pages
» Mammapappa


Show me where you're from!

Blogs away!
» Francis Strand
» Jocke's Saltmannen
» There&Back

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet



 
 
Friday, January 17, 2003
 
The father, the son and the holy social services office
All right! It's almost official now! I am almost Hannes's father now, and if you don't believe me, you can ask the Helsinki Social Services Office at Unioninkatu 18, 2nd floor. They have three documents with my signature on them to prove it.

First, Jessica had to testify that she hadn't had sex with anybody else between January 26 and March 15, 2002. She signed it on the dotted line. Then I had to sign the same document, waiving my rights to dispute my paternity.

Then we signed the document that gave us joint custody of Hannes.

And last, we signed a piece of paper that I don't even remember what it was for. Basically it was the same thing, I think.

Even though it was a highly bureaucratic event and not a bit ceremonial, beautiful or romantic, it was an important visit. What it means now, is that we can officially change Hannes's last name, get him the Finnish citizenship, and makes me his custodian as well.

While sitting there, we realized that even if we have talked about Hannes as, well, Hannes Pakarinen, his real name in the official papers has been something else. And then we started laughing, thinking that what if we simply forgot to inform the authorities. We could see Hannes at the age of 40, standing by a water cooler somewhere and telling his colleagues how, "my name is really just "Baby", "Baby Arhammar", but my Dad forgot to send in the papers ... so you can call me Hannes. Everybody else does." And how he would look the same as now, with his huge cheeks and pants pulled up to his armpits. And a little clip-on tie around his chubby neck. We laughed so we almost had tears in our eyes.

Gotta remember to send in the papers when they arrive from the court next week. Remind me of it.

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives