Name that baby!
 

 
Nine months is just about enough to find a good name for your baby girl. Then our baby was born. Our son.
 
 
 
» Email the baby
» Jessica's pages
» Mammapappa


Show me where you're from!

Blogs away!
» Francis Strand
» Jocke's Saltmannen
» There&Back

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet



 
 
Saturday, January 25, 2003
 
Come again?
It seems to me that we have a pret-ty, um, goal-oriented son. Some people might call him stubborn, but since I am his father (pending the court order), I like to give everything a slightly more positive spin. This much is for sure, though: Hannes definitely knows what he wants, and when he wants it.

The only problem is that Jessica and I have no idea what he's talking about.

Hannes's language is like Chinese now. (Or, how people who can speak Chinese have explained the language to me). Basically, same expression can mean several things, and the big changes in the meanings depend on the subtle changes in the tone of how he says it. What means "I AM HUNGRY" now, sounds almost exactly like the "HEL-LOOH, ANYBODY THERE, I AM LYING ON MY BACK IN A BED AND IT'S BORING HEEEEEREEEE!" How frustrating it must be for him that we don't understand it right away. And he doesn't hide his frustration. On the contrary, he lays it out, and strangely enough, it sounds almost exactly like the "I AM HUNGRY" yell, too. You can tell that we have a vicious perpetual circle here.

Another thing that he has been doing lately, is change his daily rhythm. For almost a week, he slept from 11 to 7. Heaven. Good boy. Finally. He woke up at 4 am this morning, and what I thought sounded like a "HEL-LOOH, ANYBODY THERE, I AM LYING ON MY BACK IN A BED AND IT'S BORING HEEEEEREEEE!", so I just told him to go back to bed, was, in fact, a "I AM HUNGRY!" so I had to wake Jessica up. (We have a bottle ready for tonight).

It'll be nice to learn his language. I understand that this is a pretty common problem in the baby world. I mean, the only other explanation for this phenomenon would be that babies are evil.

And that I find hard to believe.

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives