Name that baby!
 

 
Nine months is just about enough to find a good name for your baby girl. Then our baby was born. Our son.
 
 
 
» Email the baby
» Jessica's pages
» Mammapappa


Show me where you're from!

Blogs away!
» Francis Strand
» Jocke's Saltmannen
» There&Back

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet



 
 
Saturday, December 21, 2002
 
The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit of Christmas




So, this is Christmas .. and what have you done? What have I done? My Christmas begins from the moment I hear John and Yoko's song for the first time. Believe it or not, I haven't heard it this year, yet. The fact that John Lennon was assasinated on my birthday has probably made me love the song even more.

So, this is Christmas. For most of the Finns, this is the time of year to go to church - if you're ever going to. But let's face it, for the most part, Christmas has become a feast. It's the time of year you eat well, take it easy and give presents to all your loved ones. But not too much, and you're definitely not supposed to get all worked up about it. That's why this commercial Christmas doesn't bother me at all. I am not worried about people forgetting Jesus. That's just the way we express our love and caring these days. And love? Isn't that what it's all about, anyway?

I like to give presents to people. I really, really do. I thinks it's a lot of fun to try to come up with presents that they like but had no idea of ever even wanting something like it. Not to say that I am all about quality. No, no, I think quantity adds quality. Which means that if I bought a deck of cards for somebody, I would wrap it into 52 separate presents. If possible, I would also make the presents look different from each other.

My Dad's the same. I think - might be just making this up now - that one year I got shoes from him. In two separate presents. (And yes, I could figure it out after I opened one of them, but it was still fun).

Being an only child, I have always got most presents in my family. And I always kinda wondered why Dad wouldn't open his presents right away but just watched me open mine. Now I know. I have a pretty damn good present for Hannes. I just wish he could already appreciate it! But oh, yeah, we'll play with Hannes's presents just the same.

I just hope he doesn't sleep through it all.

Merry Christmas!


Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives