Name that baby!
 

 
Nine months is just about enough to find a good name for your baby girl. Then our baby was born. Our son.
 
 
 
» Email the baby
» Jessica's pages
» Mammapappa


Show me where you're from!

Blogs away!
» Francis Strand
» Jocke's Saltmannen
» There&Back

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet



 
 
Monday, November 04, 2002
 
In Finland, we get 18 days of paternal leave when the baby is born. That translates into three working weeks, since we count Saturdays into the working days - even though I never work on Saturdays. Maybe I missed the memo about the Saturdays?

Anyway, three weeks is good, I guess. I have no idea if the three weeks will seem too much or too little. Will I ever wanna go back to work or will I run to the office on the 19th day after Hilda's born? Hard to say, really. Right now, I am looking forward to being at home with my little family without any "have-to's". I won't have to go to work, or to the gym. I won't have to check my e-mail, or call anyone. I can do all those things if I want to. But it's up to me. Or, well, I guess I'll check with Jessi and Hilda first.

I was going to have to give a presentation about a work thingie on the 20th. In Sweden. And quite frankly, I don't wanna. I would much rather be here for nothing than in Sweden when I should be in Helsinki. (And for the odd surfers who got to this blog by googling "how+much+does+baby+cost?": Helsinki is in Finland, not in Sweden.) I said this to my colleague at work last week, and she had taken it forward to our client who had not taken it very well. She (!) pretty much insisted on me traveling to Sweden for the presentation.
-------------------------
That's where I draw the line. But could somebody please explain to me how some corporate presentation can be considered more important than being present when my little baby is being born?


Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives