Name that baby!
 

 
Nine months is just about enough to find a good name for your baby girl. Then our baby was born. Our son.
 
 
 
» Email the baby
» Jessica's pages
» Mammapappa


Show me where you're from!

Blogs away!
» Francis Strand
» Jocke's Saltmannen
» There&Back

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet



 
 
Tuesday, October 15, 2002
 
I may have already told you this, but my Mom told me a story about some African tribe (which makes me a little suspicious -- why is it always an "African tribe" that does these things) that always sings a song to a newborn baby. Or writes a song, I guess, because that song will then follow the baby all through his/her life. Even when he's not a baby anymore.

They will sing that same song at every birthday party, and when the person becomes an adult ("In some African tribes, boys become men at the age of 11") but even when this person does something stupid or illegal. The people gather around the person and sing his song to remind him where he's coming from.

I kinda like the idea.

Right now it looks as if Hilda's song's gonna be my version of Proud Mary, played by me, using my own chords. Unless I can learn a fourth one in a month or so.

Big wheel-a-keep on turning, baby.

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives