Name that baby!
 

 
Nine months is just about enough to find a good name for your baby girl. Then our baby was born. Our son.
 
 
 
» Email the baby
» Jessica's pages
» Mammapappa


Show me where you're from!

Blogs away!
» Francis Strand
» Jocke's Saltmannen
» There&Back

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet



 
 
Tuesday, August 13, 2002
 
It finally happened yesterday. Jessica went to the library and borrowed "Den stora svenska namnsboken", i.e. the great Swedish book of names. I thought we were all set on Hilda but I guess her mother's prediction of a boy (she could see it by the shape of Jessica's belly) made her hesitate a bit. I think so because all the names she read out loud were for boys.

And trust me, there are some weird names even on the top 2500 most usual names list.

Just think how much we read into our names. Our entire modern culture, that's how much. Or, could you imagine calling your baby Adolf Judas?

Adolf is a fine name, nothing wrong with it, right? Except that, well, we all pretty much know of only one Adolf, thank you very much. And Judas. Come on, there is nothing wrong with Judas. Or .. is there?

I've got my mind set on Hilda.

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives