Name that baby!
 

 
Nine months is just about enough to find a good name for your baby girl. Then our baby was born. Our son.
 
 
 
» Email the baby
» Jessica's pages
» Mammapappa


Show me where you're from!

Blogs away!
» Francis Strand
» Jocke's Saltmannen
» There&Back

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet



 
 
Tuesday, August 20, 2002
 
It ain't easy being a foreigner in your own country. That's pretty much what I have become after my four-year detour in Stockholm, Sweden. At my previous job, I was the designated Finn, the person that was dragged into meetings with other Finns.

"Hi, here's Risto," my boss would say.
[pause]
"Say something in Finnish."
"Moi, moi, tervetuloa". (Hi, welcome).

I would spend the rest of the meeting eating buns and drinking coffee.

Back in Finland, I have become the designated Swede.

And I just found out that we won't get the baby package that Finland thinks it's so famous for, because Jessica is a Swede, and is employed by a Swedish company. Apparently, the package is a "maternal" package, and a father, how ever Finnish, can't have it. Naturally, we could buy the package, but ... what's the point? We can buy things we like instead. I need to e-mail somebody about it. ;)

I can only hope that Hilda will be better at picking and choosing the best of both countries.

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives