Name that baby!
 

 
Nine months is just about enough to find a good name for your baby girl. Then our baby was born. Our son.
 
 
 
» Email the baby
» Jessica's pages
» Mammapappa


Show me where you're from!

Blogs away!
» Francis Strand
» Jocke's Saltmannen
» There&Back

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet



 
 
Monday, August 26, 2002
 
Isä. Isi. Iskä. Pappa.

I guess I should think about what I would want our baby to call me, too. Would I want to be a "father" (isä), "Dad" (isi), "Daddy" (iskä) or simply a Swedish "pappa". Then again, it's not like I get to choose it. It's Jessica and Hilda that just decide it, I guess. And since Jessica speaks Swedish, she'll probably use "pappa" in sentences like, "If Dad thinks it's OK, then you may do it" and "I don't know, ask your father." That would mean that in about 4 months, I will become Pappa.

I actually remember when I switched from calling my father "Daddy" to calling him "Dad." He chose the time and place.

Sometimes he would drive me to school, something I always thought was really cool. Cars and driving have always been a big thing in our family. So, naturally, being driven to school had to rank pretty high up on my list of "cool things to do in life" when I was 10.

One time, as I was about run off and just yelled, "bye now, Daddy", he stopped me and said: "Risto, I think you're a big boy now, so maybe you shouldn't call me Daddy (isi) anymore. Just say Dad (isä)."

"Sure thing, Dad."

It just hit me big time today. In a few months, I will be a pappa.


Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives