Name that baby!
 

 
Nine months is just about enough to find a good name for your baby girl. Then our baby was born. Our son.
 
 
 
» Email the baby
» Jessica's pages
» Mammapappa


Show me where you're from!

Blogs away!
» Francis Strand
» Jocke's Saltmannen
» There&Back

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet



 
 
Friday, August 23, 2002
 
I saw the light today. I came up with the what-I-thought-was the perfect name. Valo. Valo is Finnish for "light". As in, "speed of light" and "not dark", not "Cola light" as diet Coke is called over here.

"Valo," I said to myself, "what a great name." "He," I continued to myself (and Valo would be a boy's name), "could be the light of our lives, bring light to other people's darkness and with any luck, he'd be bright as well."

I said it to myself, because Jessica's in Stockholm. She's there on a job assignment meeting a client and her colleagues. It's great that she can do this: live in Finland but work for the Swedish company she worked for before. She gets to meet her family and friends and hang out with her sister for real, not just for a few moments with me hanging around.

But I miss her already. All those things I thought I would do when she's in Stockholm - watching videos late at night, surf all night, eat pizza and burgers, have 2 beers in the middle of the day - just don't really do it for me anymore. I want my baby back. I want both my babies back.

So I sent an SMS to her suggesting Valo. She replied, "sounds like milk". And a smiley.

Like no one else's smiley.

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives