Name that baby!
 

 
Nine months is just about enough to find a good name for your baby girl. Then our baby was born. Our son.
 
 
 
» Email the baby
» Jessica's pages
» Mammapappa


Show me where you're from!

Blogs away!
» Francis Strand
» Jocke's Saltmannen
» There&Back

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet



 
 
Friday, August 09, 2002
 
About three years ago, when I had just started to show up at the Arhammars' place in Sollentuna, Sweden, Jessica's little sister once asked me who the King of Finland was. And I told her that it was me. Jessica then started to explain to her sister that there is no king in Finland, that Finland is a republic and that means that there is an elected president instead.

I kept on insisting that I was the King of Finland. And I claimed that title because Finland is a republic, I explained to Julia, Jessi's sister. Since there was no other King, why not me? I said. She agreed.

And then we started thinking what I would be called. Obviously Risto I wasn't royal enough. Although, I'd rather be Risto THE FIRST than Karl X. (Or, would that be Charles X, or Carlos X?) And now Julia, if you read this: I do think that Risto I is a great name for the king of Finland. Much better that a lot of the names on this list of the names of Swedish kings and queens. It's just that since most kings are called Carl, we think it's a royal name. But Knut? Oh, please.

Stenkil Pakarinen? Before you laugh, remember: a king was called Stenkil.



Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives