Name that baby!
 

 
Nine months is just about enough to find a good name for your baby girl. Then our baby was born. Our son.
 
 
 
» Email the baby
» Jessica's pages
» Mammapappa


Show me where you're from!

Blogs away!
» Francis Strand
» Jocke's Saltmannen
» There&Back

Free Tell A Friend from Bravenet



 
 
Saturday, July 20, 2002
 
Oh well, here goes nothing. Let's create this baby blog, like millions of other proud to-be-Dads. Obviously, I can't glue the locks of hair or the first teeth on these pages like my Dad did with my baby book, but we'll figure it out a little later, OK? I mean, there is still time to think about it. And to figure it out. Jessica's only 18 weeks pregnant now. Although, I think the correct expression in the 21st century is, "we're pregnant."

I am excited about becoming a father. Like, totally, like really. I can't wait to see our baby and even less can i wait to start re-exploring the world with her. How come airplanes can fly? What do worms taste like? And why do some cafés always become baby carriage hotspots? And more.

She doesn't have a name yet, although naturally, we have a long list of suggestions. And a few favorites. Right now, I call her Hilda all the time. Hilda. Hilda? Sounds like a name for a nice girl, doesn't it? It also works in many languages, we know of no language where Hilda would be used as a cussword, and it was also the name of my Dad's aunt. My great-aunt, that is.

But we also like Stella, Emil, Hannes, Oliver. I will post the entire list here one day.

There is actually one thing I have never really understood. Why name your baby after yourself? What's in it for the original X Sr? They have to create nicknames anyway. Skip, Junior, Bob, Rob, Bobby... Why not just give an original name to begin with? My girlfriend's Dad gets confused with his children's names just because they all begin with a J. Wouldn't it be confusing to call your kid by your own name? Maybe the same people like to talk of themselves in 3rd person, I don't know.

Anyway, Hilda still sounds good.

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 
   
  This page is powered by Blogger, the easy way to update your web site.  

Home  |  Archives